[TR] TR6 Victory Ride Ends In Drag of Shame

Steven Newell steven at newellboys.net
Tue Jun 3 09:44:23 MDT 2008

fishplate at charter.net wrote:

>When my Spitfire's fuel pump failed last week, the 11 mile tow would have cost me $35 with my AAA membership.  I put them on hold while I called Hagerty - their limit was 50 miles with Hagerty Plus, while AAA regular tow is 5 miles, and $5 a mile after that.
>
>I took the free towing.  It pays to review your benefits from various sources.

I went for the AAA Plus membership, which gives you a 100 mile free tow.
It worked out well when the ignition lock failed on my '72 BMW 2002 on a
perfect powder day in Breckenridge, 97 miles from home. Good thing I
didn't go to Vail. I insure all my cars, old and older, with USAA using
replacement policies. I don't know, but Hagerty might have frowned on
"ski wagon" as a use for my classic BMW. :)

Steven Newell
Littleton, CO USA
'62 TR4 x 2
'87 BMW x 3