[TR] TR3/4 Pertronix timing

Allen Hess allenhess at mgcarclub.com
Tue Jun 3 06:05:21 MDT 2008

I would like to know how people are setting the timing (and how much)
on the TR3 and 4 motors with a Pertronix. Going by the book, timing
is set statically at 4 degrees before TDC using the TDC mark on the
pulley and adding 4 degrees at the distributor. Further refinement to
be determined by road test.  Again, by the book, use of a timing
light is not recommended.

I have a timing light that reads advance and retard which is
necessary since there are not degree markings on the pulley.

So, with a stock TR4, how many degrees advanced at what rpm?

Thanks,

Allen