[TR] SU Carb Spacers

Bob Labuz yellowtr at adelphia.net
Sun Jun 1 18:46:17 MDT 2008

On Sunday 01 June 2008 08:13 pm, DLylis at aol.com wrote:
> I made my deadline of getting the body tub on the chassis on my 3A.  June 1
> was the target and June 1 it is.
> While the body was off I bought K&N air filters and now find that the only
> way they will fit is with the fiber carb spacers removed.  What trouble am
> I asking for here.
> Returning the filters is not an option as I have run the motor with the
> body off (and the filters on).

Hello,

Do you have the std 3 3A intake manifold or the later TR4A version? The 4A
intake is a bit longer than the 3 and 4 intake. If you have the 4A intake,
this could be where your problem is.

I have never run a 3 or a 4 without those spacers. THey are asbestos I think
or something similar and act as a insulator I believe. Keeps direct engine
heat from the carburators.

Anyway, this is what I always thought and may have been wrong all these years.

What does the rest of the list say?

Bob