[TR] TR4 - Dwell v Points Gap

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Jun 1 15:46:03 MDT 2008

> I find that I cannot adjust to both specs.  A .015 gap yields
> a dwell of 48*
> --- a 60* dwell can only be achieved with a .008 gap.

Although it's possible that the point cam is that badly worn, My suggestion
would be that there is something wrong with the dwell measurement.  Can you
see wear marks in the face of the point cam (ie a difference in height
between where the rubbing block rubs, and where it doesn't) ?

> Soooo... which way do I set it?

Personally, I'd set the gap per the book and let the dwell fall where it
may.  Might borrow a buddy's dwell meter too ...

Randall