[TR] GT6 Engine Still Seized

TRDOCTOR at aol.com TRDOCTOR at aol.com
Sun Jun 1 06:28:43 MDT 2008

I have read what others have written about seized engines.  Here is my  story.
10 or so years ago I bought a TR3A that had been sitting outside under a
"tarp".  The carbs were full of leaves/mud dobber nests and the interior  was
just about non existent.  The engine was also seized.  I took all  the plugs out
and did all of the normal things.  Marvel, penetrating oil,  you name it.  I
finally put it in gear and rocked it and it broke  loose.  I rebuilt the carbs
(another story), changed the oil, did a tune  up, and put the gas line to the
pump in a can of gas under the car.  When I  tried to crank the car with the
starter, the starter was froze.  I took a 2  X 4 and placed it on the end of
the offending piece and gave it a smart smack  with a hammer.  It worked.  The
car cranked and fired.  It spit  what remained of the innards of the muffler
about 20 feet behind the car.   I came up with 80 lbs. oil pressure and settled
out at 180 degrees temp.   It was a memorable evening when it lit off.

Sam and Carol Clark
Green Country Triumphs
TS45355L  O
CC82030U O