[TR] TR paint colors/colours - who decided at Triumph?

Geo Hahn ahwahnee18 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 18:51:58 MDT 2008

The story I have heard from more than one source was that in the early
years Sir John Black's wife selected the color schemes.  The story
goes on to note that she was colour-blind.

Well who knows, but it made a nice story and does account for such
things as Olive Green, Geranium and Targa Purple.

I am fairly certain that the early cars were not available in red.
Cal Sales in Southern California would actually respray some of the
new cars in red to be able to sell them.  Standard finally got the
message and added Signal Red to the spectrum.

Geo