[TR] Spitfire alternator solution found

maya2blue at juno.com maya2blue at juno.com
Thu Jul 31 11:38:01 MDT 2008

Greetings all,

Sometime ago, I asked the lists for some info regarding replacing the
alternator on my '78 Spitfire.

Thanks to all that replied.

Okay --

The following is an unabashed recommendation for this outfit.

NFI, etc etc -- just a pleased customer!

I decided to purchase a "plug and play" alternator that simply drops in
and replaces the original Lucas. The 43 amp alternator was "designed and
manufactured specifically as a direct replacement for use with Triumph
Spitfire 1973-1980 and the TR8 (w/o AC, 43 amp) 1978-1981. One year
manufacturer warranty and complete satisfaction is guaranteed."

I paid US$99.90 (shipped and insured) to laynlow1 on eBay. Item number
150274416199

For a non-wrench guy like me, this was great. I corresponded with  Gary @
770-781-5658  several times and could not have been more pleased with
everything.

Again, No Financial Interest, just a pleased customer.

Feel free to mention my name and the listserve if you decide to buy from
him.

Thanks again to everyone who helped.

Harve

Harve Thorn          (NASS #79)
531 Amen Corner   ('78 1500 Spitfire)
Fayetteville, AR    (looking for a "nice" GT6)
72701 USA
479.443.0818 evenings or lv msg