[TR] update to tranny bolts

Greg Gelhar ggelhar at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 29 18:35:19 MDT 2008

Paul,

Yes, there are metric threads used on some places on a 1957 TR3. A typical
5/8 bolt will measure .620 inch diameter and a M16 bolt will measure .625
(allowing for some rounding of the thread form so it dose not have sharp
pointed threads). The thread pitch on a bolt with 13 threads to the inch
will be .0769 (1/13of an inch), while .0787 will be the inch equivalent of
a bolt with 2mm pitch. Very close indeed, but not equal, and M16 x  2.0 is
a common metric size.

Greg Gelhar
1973 TR6 (with the same metric threads)
1980 TR8 (all metric threads. I think)
Osseo, MN    .

> Subject: [TR] update to tranny bolts
>
> Hi again
> I wanted to clarify the measurements I have. The bolt is 5/8 in long.
Fits  a