[TR] Trophys & TR's

Phil Bacon pboldtrix at juno.com
Tue Jul 29 08:31:38 MDT 2008

-- "Jim Muller" <jimmuller at rcn.com> wrote:
I added an oil pressure gauge, oh, sorry, guage to the Spitfire a
long time ago.  I look at it fairly often.  Don't know that it tells
me much though.

Jim Muller
Oh no!  Jim...you had it right the first time.  I don't want to sound
crochety, and I know I've posted this before, but the word is G A U G E !
This is beginning to sound like fingernails on a blackboard to me, and I know
I should let it slide, but this word is used a LOT on these lists and it seems
to me that we can certainly do better.  Maybe Jim's spelling is tongue in
cheek, like "fluif" --  the result of a long ago typo.  If so, I must be the
only one not in on the joke.
   I know spelling is everyone's bugaboo, but somehow this is really pushing
my button!  Time to don the Nomex suit.
Phil Bacon, 72 TR6