[TR] TR4 - alignment dowels for the big end of the connecting rods

Thomas Boggiano (work) boggiano at charter.net
Tue Jul 29 06:53:13 MDT 2008

I am looking for a source for the alignment dowels for the big end side of
the connecting rod. I dont seem to be able to find them. The housing on the
connecting rods are out of round  in order to resize the big ends correctly
I need to remove the alignment dowels from the connecting rod caps. In doing
so it looks like I will damage the dowels and I would like to install some
new ones. .  They are 9/16 OD X 7/16 ID X .800" O.A.L.

Can the dowels be reused if they are slightly damaged on removal?
Any idea on where to get new ones?

Thanks
Tom