[TR] TR-3 transmission plug

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Tue Jul 29 06:19:03 MDT 2008

In a message dated 7/28/2008 9:37:44 PM Central Daylight Time,
PACBURROWS at aol.com writes:
> I lost one of the two "plugs" from the top of my transmission. I  can't
> figure out what size they are. I know they are 5/8" but the thread count
> measures
> out at 13. All I can find is 11 count. Any ideas or does someone have  one I
>
> can buy from an old trashed transmission.
> Paul B

Plugs?  Are you referring to the tapped holes for the overdrive interlock
switches?  If so, I believe they are metric thread.  And they are not tapered.
Your best bet may be to buy some OD interlock switches and use them to close
the openings.

Me thinks that some PO has converted that box from O/D at some point (or that
you actually have an OD box and don't know it).

Dave