[TR] FROZEN and HOLLOW steering w grub screw

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Jul 28 17:07:09 MDT 2008

> One of the 3 'grub screws' is BOTH FROZEN AND HOLLOW in my half-installed
> steering wheel!  Luckily, about 1/8" of it's tip protrudes and shows.  Can
> it still work?

It could happen, but very unlikely IMO.  I think you'll find that the stator
plate does not go back into position between the tip of the grub screw and
the steering wheel; with the result that the grub screws don't hold the
plate securely and hence the canceling mechanism doesn't work.

But I suppose there isn't a lot to lose by trying, so by all means have at
it.

Randall