[TR] TR3A Dash Wiring

Scott Suhring suhringtr36 at comcast.net
Sun Jul 27 20:04:15 MDT 2008

I have just about completed the dash wiring this evening but came across one
problem that I am not sure how to resolve. The Brown/Blue (NU) 10 gauge wire
that runs from the harness goes to the light switch and then to the ignition
switch. There is only one NU wire in the harness so I assume I have to make
a jumper wire (my original dash had a yellow wire). Here is my question: The
connection on the light switch is a screw down with a hole that the wire
slides through. With the NU wire being 10 gauge, there is no way you can put
the harness wire in this hole with the same gauge wire to connect over to
the ignition switch.  Do you use a smaller gauge wire for the jump wire (say
12 or 16) and if so, could this cause problems since the harness wire is
clearly a 10 gauge wire?  TIA

Scott Suhring
Mechanicsburg, PA
'70 TR