[TR] Stromberg help

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Sun Jul 27 19:43:23 MDT 2008

In a message dated 7/27/2008 11:48:23 AM Central Daylight Time,
rpeglow at optonline.net writes:
> Early Stromberg carburetor (1970 TR6, 175 CD-2, tags missing) has bronze?
> slotted fuel bowl plug. Does this plug unscrew CCW? A PO removed crankcase
> hoses from these carburetors. If I restore the hoses it will change the
> mixture? Is this style carburetor mixture adjustable with the tool? What
> would be best carburetor manual Haynes TECHBOOK 10240?

If your carbs have the brass plug (slotted) then it SHOULD have the
adjustable needles.  If it had the adjustable jets there would not be the plug there
but the adjuster.

I said "should" because a friend had neither the adjustable jets nor the
adjustable needles in his TR250 carbs.  Another Mix-n-DPO Match.

Dave