[TR] More TR3 things bugging me

pethier at comcast.net pethier at comcast.net
Sun Jul 27 11:42:56 MDT 2008

From: "Oliver" <sumton at sbcglobal.net>
> i think we would all like to win a trophy or two.  but i overheard someone
> saying at a car show "I've got enough trophies."
>
> made me realize that its not that big a deal.  really, imho, its about an
> hour or so of basking in the glory and then its irrelevant.  in april my son
> won a trophy in autocross, and he was very, very proud, as were we.  now
> he's at college and the trophy is here.

I have over the years acquired a number of trophies when luck and my vast autocross experience has managed to triumph over my total lack of natural talent.  I'm proud of them, but the fun of autocross is why I keep doing it, and will continue as long as I can qualify for a driver's license.

The only way I will ever get a concours trophy is if I buy a perfect car from somebody else and enter it in a concours before I have had enough time to screw it up.

--
1962 Triumph TR4 CT2846L, 2007 Saturn Ion 3 2.4, 1993 Suburban, 1994 Miata C package
pethier [at] comcast [dot] net http://forum.mnautox.com/forums/ http://www.flickr.com/photos/pethier