[TR] TR3A Overdrive Switches

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Jul 25 16:31:21 MDT 2008

> Uh oh.  Am I guilty of spreading false information?  I thought I read here
> on the List that going into reverse with OD switched on would evenutally
> ruin the OD.  Do I have that wrong?

Well, kinda.  What's bad is backing up with the OD engaged.  (Think
irresistible force meeting an immovable object inside an aluminum housing.)
This happens fairly quickly, if the unit has enough pressure stored to
generate the immovable force.

Normally the lockout switches keep it from engaging in reverse (or first
etc).  So leaving the dash switch flipped on should not cause the problem,
IF the lockout switches do their job.  But if, for example, the wire to the
lockout switches gets shorted to ground ...

Randall