[TR] Couple of things bugging me

Ibsen Dow flashtr3 at cox.net
Fri Jul 25 06:36:45 MDT 2008

I just recently ordered a new pair of rear fender beads that fit under the
rear tail lights. The after market ones that I received were shorter in length
then my originals ones. The bent tab goes to the bottom of the wing. It is
bent on purpose at approx more then 45 degrees to help support the rear fender
bead. My gap on the new ones are approx. 1/2" too short in length compared to
my old ones.
However when I went mount the new ones, one of the taillights that was mounted
on the fresh restoration, was actually off by a 1/2 ". It sat lower then the
other taillight. So one of the new beads fit like it was supposed to and the
other new bead was a 1/2 too short. I remounted the tail light and was able to
take up the gap. Before, visibly you couldn't noticed it being off with
exception of the gap.

Regards,
Ibsen