[TR] TR3A Overdrive Switches

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu Jul 24 14:56:50 MDT 2008

> Is that the same switch as is used on the shift knob in a Spitfire?

I believe so, later ones anyway.

> Best place in the world for it, right at your finger tips when you're
> shifting!

In a Spit, everything is close to hand <g>  But cruising in a Stag, I have
to move my hand over a foot to reach the OD switch; while in the '3 I
generally don't have to move my hand at all.

> > Hard to tell by feel whether the switch is in OD or not;
>
> That's what they invented tachometers for...

Ah, I see!  I'll have to get me one o'them.  Plus a speedo that reads closer
to reality might be nice.  The current pair says I'm turning about 3500 rpm
at 110 mph; which maybe isn't quite right even with the 3.45 gears ...

But the tach reading is useless when you're sitting at a light, wondering if
you remembered to turn the OD off.

Randall