[TR] TR3A Overdrive Switches

terryrs at comcast.net terryrs at comcast.net
Wed Jul 23 16:09:24 MDT 2008

Ola, all!
I retrofitted my '59 3A restoration with an A overdrive.  That to me is the best improvement on my car, which also includes a Pertrinox, the upgraded rear oil seal, a wood steering wheel, four tandem brakelights, and a front swaybar that I intend to sell on e-bay because--despite the list opinions--I simply don't feel the need for since I don't drive that hard into corners.
Anyway, I bought varous electrical OD switches for the dash, and all of them eventually failed.  Then I ordered an Aftermarket OD switch from one of the Big 3, and now I find I have to wiggle it to make it kick in.
Were the original switches that flimsy?
Terry Smith, '59 TR3A
New Hampshire (still without snow!)