[TR] tr3 best improvement

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sat Jul 19 15:29:11 MDT 2008

> Do you recall any of the details concerning the different
> bracket and bending of the bar.

ISTR the original brackets (for attaching the end links to the spring) were
flat, but the replacements they sent had a offset of perhaps 1" to them, so
that the end link could be below the level of the spring.  The high part of
the bracket fastened under the nut of the inner axle U-bolt (below the plate
that traps the spring against the axle), then the lower part of the bracket
had the hole for the end link.

I bent the arms of the bar, to position the links to match the brackets
(when they were vertical).  Don't recall now if it was in or out, but that
was the goal.  Per ADDCO's instructions, I just stuck one end of the bar
under a tire (on another car) and used my weight against the long part of
the bar to bend it.  It's shifted a little from the accident, but hopefully
you can make it out at
http://tinyurl.com/5qhkgu

Randall