[TR] TR4A front suspension assy question

Dave Connitt dconnitt at fuse.net
Sat Jul 19 14:09:44 MDT 2008

Hi All,
I am getting things staged up to have my TR4A frame welding done and I came
across a puzzling situation. It has been well over a year since I
dis-assembled my front suspension so my memory is kind of fuzzy. As I look
at my new TR6 style 2-stud lower fulcrum mounting brackets and my 1-hole
mating frame component, I notice there are two holes, parallel in the
horizontal plane.
I give up, under which hole do I add the second hole, forward or aft?

Second issue:
I was also looking at the left hand mounting bracket strengthening kit only
has 3 brackets. There are two large one which look like they go on the rear
bracket and there is one smaller one that looks like it goes on the one next
to the steering rack mount. Shouldn't there be 4?
I think I am going to order a kit for the right hand side as it only has one
strengthening bracket on that side. Might as well make it as strong as
possible.

Anyway, I am getting closer to getting this thing rolling again finally..

If someone could let me know which of the mounting holes is the one I add
the second hole under for the new mounting bracket I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Dave Connitt
'67 TR4A