[TR] TR3A Fuel Tank

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Jul 18 10:23:10 MDT 2008

> The holes in the tank are pinholes in a 3" x 3" area at the bottom of the
> tank.

Mine were more extensive than that, more like 3 x 9.  Repaired it myself
many years ago using soft solder, propane torch and a patch panel beat from
a soup can.  Still holds gas today.

To get all the fumes out, I filled several times with water and let it
overflow (as well as out the bottom openings) for a minute or two, then
drained and let it dry in the sun.  Repeated that several times, until I
could no longer see traces of petroleum floating on the water nor smell any
fumes.

YMMV and all that, but it can be done.

The tank I picked up from eBay for $50 is still in the garage rafters.

Randall