[TR] tr3 best improvement

Ibsen Dow flashtr3 at cox.net
Fri Jul 18 08:09:30 MDT 2008

Hi Tom,

You mentioned that one of the improvements you made to your TR3 was the
changing the stock drive line to a ford 289. Does that mean engine, trans, and
rear end to ford or strictly just the drive line?
I am in the process of having my driveline check out and the preliminary
indications is the splines on the drive shaft are worn, so balancing cannot be
accomplished. The u-joints have been replaced, but their is still vibration
coming from the drive shaft.
They have indicated they can replace the splines with "Spicer" components, and
then the balancing can be accomplished.
What does the list think, should I look for another drive shaft or repair the
one I have?
Will balancing really make that much difference and justify the cost of the
spicer components?

Regards,
Ibsen