[TR] TR3A Fuel Tank

Evans, Mark CVB Info Systems Mark.Evans at Anheuser-Busch.com
Fri Jul 18 06:38:00 MDT 2008

I'm asking this question for my brother who has a TR3a. He still claims he
doesn't have time to participate in this list though he'll spend 3 hours
driving
to 5 FLAPS looking for a part for a 50 year old car.

He woke up in the wee hours one morning this week smelling gasoline. His TR
is
parked below his bedroom in a garage. Before his entire house blew up in
spectacular display, he managed to get the car and the large piece of carpet
that had absorbed several gallons of gasoline moved to the driveway. He then
went back to sleep.

After removing and inspecting his empty fuel tank, he discovers a 3" x 3"
fiberglass patch on the bottom of the fuel tank is what has failed. He wasn't
aware that he owned an IED.

The holes in the tank are pinholes in a 3" x 3" area at the bottom of the
tank.
The rest of the tank looks good.

His question: Is this worth repairing? A tank from Moss is out of the
question
due to cost. I told him he could find one on E-Bay but he doesn't have time
for
silly things like e-mail and the Internet.

Any suggestions I could give him would be helpful.

Mark A. Evans

I recently changed my car's name to be more appropriate.
1966 TR4A IRS CTC63970 LO "'F'ugly"
1982 Mercedes Benz 300D Turbo running B100 "BioBenz"
Acworth, Georgia - USA

The information transmitted (including attachments) is
covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act,
18 U.S.C. 2510-2521, is intended only for the person(s) or
entity/entities to which it is addressed and may contain
confidential and/or privileged material. Any review,
retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking
of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons
or entities other than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited.
delete the material from any computer.