[TR] Embarrassing Brake Squeal

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu Jul 17 10:11:35 MDT 2008

> Also, you can buy an ointment to address this problem.  (Sounds like snake
> oil, doesn't it?)  I think it works by dampening out the vibration.  You
> apply
> it to the back side of the pad where it contacts the piston.

There are several kinds of "snake oil"; including some that applies to the
face of the pads and rotor, rather than to the back of the pads.  Don't mix
them up!

I've also had good luck with the aluminum "cut to fit" shims on my TR3
(which didn't originally have shims); when the snake oil and new anti-squeal
springs didn't help.

Randall