[TR] VTR - NATC question

Aribert Neumann aribert.neumann at edag-us.com
Wed Jul 16 09:12:52 MDT 2008

Can a person show up at VTR - NATC and just peruse the vendor area without
joining either VTR or paying the NATC event fee?

I live in the Metro Detroit area but I am not a member of either VTR or the
local Triumph club (DTSC).  With this year's NATC (VTR) in Ypsilanti, it is
within 1.25 hr drive for me.  Unfortunately, vacation time is at a premium
and I am seriously questioning joining VTR and paying the additional $95
for the four day NATC event when at the most I would spend 2 afternoons
there.  BTW, I was a member of DTSC for a year, about 12 years ago but I
found that I would rather use my limited personal time out in the garage
rather than at a social occasion (I am not much of a social animal, my wife
does not care one bit about the "car culture"  (I don't think that she has
ridden in my Triumph in the past half decade) & I am not into the social
aspect of adult beverages).

While I indent to drive my Triumph to the event, the clutch is slipping a
bit and I am trying to baby the clutch thru the rest of the driving season
(I intend to refresh the trans when it is out for the clutch R&R and I do
not have time for rebuilding the trans until winter) - consequently I would
not be participating in any driving events such as autocross.   One of the
primary reasons for going to NATC would be to check out the vendors - so
would I be out of line showing up, perusing the vendor area, look at a few
cars and heading back home?  TIA, off in digest mode awaiting your