[TR] 8 blade fan on TR3

MMoore8425 at aol.com MMoore8425 at aol.com
Mon Jul 7 13:42:07 MDT 2008

In a message dated 7/7/2008 9:21:06 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
gprtech at frontiernet.net writes:

I've  been performing a number of chores related to getting my TR3 into
condition for semi-daily use, and came across two different types of
plastic fans. One is the yellow 8 blade used on TR250/TR6, and the other
is the later still red 13 blade (I only counted 12, but the Moss catalog
says 13) fan.

I'm planning to put an electric fan in the TR6 I'm  (finally) working on,
so my question is:

Can I mount either of  these on the TR3 without modification? If so how?

If not, what mods do  I need to make?

Moss sells an adapter kit for the yellow fan, but I  don't think I want
to go that far. If I need to shorten the fan extension,  I've got the
capability to do that here. In fact, I might have a spare I  can modifiy.

George  Richardson
This list supported in  part by the Vintage Triumph Register
_http://www.vtr.org_ (http://www.vtr.org)

I mounted a Kenlowe fan on the FRONT of my radiator so I could leave the
existing fan and hub extension ex-factory. The Kenlowe has nice tubes supporting
it is not supported by the radiator.
Mike Moore