[TR] (no subject)

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Jul 7 11:19:04 MDT 2008

> Same here and it worked well on the bench but when I
> installed in in the car it wouldn't read right.  The author
> of the website said MGAs used a different system then TR3 fuel gauges

Really ?  It's not like Barney to get that wrong ... the original TR3 fuel
gauge is virtually identical in both form and function to the MGA gauge.
The resistances might not be exactly the same, but the system is.

TR4-onwards are totally different, of course.

However I agree that being installed in the dash panel (and the gauge
orientation when you test it) do affect the reading to some extent.

Randall