[TR] Hot Body, filler

Mark Steph tr6 at pobox.com
Mon Jul 7 10:05:30 MDT 2008

Ever so slightly off topic here but... has anyone tried lead?  I read a
few articles many years ago about the lost art of lead as a body filler
and it sounded as if it was somewhat superior to traditional bondo-type
fillers.  (But it has its hazards with breathing fumes/dust).

I have never in my life done body work so I really have no practical
experience here.  But as someone that has had many cars professionally
done with bondo-type materials, the end result in Texas 100 degree heat
never lasted more than about 2 years.  After that the bondo cracks into
a million pieces and ruins the paint job.  ...but maybe I just never
picked the "right" body shop for my work.

-Mark
--

http://SporkInTheEye.blogspot.com