[TR] Question about G Prepared Spitfire autocrossing...

Jamie Palmer tr6driver at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 5 20:18:57 MDT 2008

OK...Major lurker but seldom poster here looking for some assistance.

>From what I can tell from the SCCA rules, the Spit 1500 is handicapped in G Prepared Solo II rules in that it can only have a Stromberg 150 or 1-1/2" SU without a 10% weight penalty (and multiple carbs are forbidden period).

Yeah, I know, the hot ticket would be to go with a Mk. III or Mk. IV that can have the twin SU's without penalty and are lighter to boot.

However, I picked up a $100 solid '76 1500 today (thanks, Craigslist) and have started thinking...I miss my old '71 autocrosser and was thinking I could have some fun.

Is anyone campaigning a 1500 in G-Prepared?  Would like to hear from other Spit owners in G-Prepared, too...

Thanks for any assistance!

Jamie Palmer
tr6driver at earthlink.net
EarthLink Revolves Around You.