[TR] Calf. Fires

Mike Denman mikedenman at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 3 21:36:22 MDT 2008

I can't speak to the location of the employees homes but the Moss
facility was/still is(?) on the ocean side of highway 101 which
provides a pretty substantial fire break. I live near Santa Cruz
California and we have had two wildfires near our house. One was close
enough that we moved the dogs, car, pictures, and important papers to
a safer location. Everything is really dry. I was talking to a
firefighter and he said that the brush covering the hillsides had a
moisture content of 14%. Normally the moisture content is around 40%.
It is going to be a long summer.
Mike Denman