[TR] TR6 Positive to Starter Cable

William Brewer wsb1960tr3a at att.net
Wed Jul 2 11:54:58 MDT 2008

     I have a 1974 TR6 that I am trying to start after
it has sat for 20 years in a garage. I have been
troubleshooting the electrical to figure out why the
starter won't spin when you turn the key. I finally
got to the point where I found if I jumper out the
positive cable from the battery to the starter with a
jumper cable then the starter spins with the key
(telling me that the solenoid, relay and ignition
switch all work). The positive cable has some sort of
connectors in the middle of it with brown wires that
apparently run to the #2 terminal on the ignition
switch, to the alternator and to the starter relay.
The positive cable lights a test light at the starter
solenoid so it is getting some connectivity there.
     Can some TR6 electrician explain the connector in
the middle of the positive cable? Can a just make a
terminal block off of the positive terminal of the
battery and replace the funky factory cable with a
FLAPS one?
     MOSS has the positive cable listed as NLA.

     Bill Brewer - Tehachapi
     1960 TR3A
     1974 TR6