[TR] Tow Bar Blues

John Young jeyoung_2 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 31 14:59:12 MST 2008

Many years ago, I was towing a Packard with a tow bar
(I know, not a Triumph, but at that time, I didn't
know about Triumphs). Anyway, it was behaving the way
you describe, but it tore the bumper off. That turned
the car loose and it started down a hill onto the
interstate. I was barely able to stop it in time.
  Be careful if your tow bar is giving you trouble, I
guarantee you don't want a similar experience. I think
the problem with the Packard was that the front wheels
were out of alignment. That might be your problem.
   Good luck,
     John Young