[TR] Extra ground wire on early TR4

C E White BN_Knight at Ameritech.Net
Sat Jan 26 19:57:56 MST 2008

Thanks everyone.  The consensus was that the double black wires are grounded
through a ring connector to the 1/4" wiper motor mounting bolt nearest the
master cylinders.  No mention was made as to what they are grounding.

Chuck

-----Original Message-----
From: autox.team.net On Behalf Of C E White
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2008 9:40 PM
To: triumphs at autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Extra ground wire on early TR4

Listers,

I've been working on the wiring on an early TR4 (1962) and have come upon a
snag.  I'm installing a new Moss wiring harness and at the extreme end of
the harness at the wiper motor, there is an extra double black wire going
into a single female spade connector that I can't identify.  Where does it
go?  There is already a ground wire in the harness going to the wiper motor
and there are no extra male spade connectors anywhere to be found.  There
are no other loose wires at this end of the harness.  Any ideas of what the
extra ground wire is for?  Am I missing a needed ground connection
somewhere?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Chuck White