[TR] Hertz --- Rent a TR4A

TR250Driver at aol.com TR250Driver at aol.com
Sat Jan 26 12:41:12 MST 2008

Hey Guys and Gals,
Bill Lynn VTR Membership Secretary, has sent Beverly and I a bunch of
Triumph Memorabilia to organize for him. Did you know?

Some time after 1961,
"In a deal with Hertz, TR4As became part of their rental fleet and the  Hertz
Sports Car Club which offered membership to renters who took their brief
course on how to drive a sports car before renting a Corvette, Mustang GT or
Triumph.  The 18-city deal worked out okay for automatic two-seaters but  created
a big problem for Triumph's warranty department in the gearbox  area.   Not
too many Hertz customers were familiar with four  speeds."   written by Mike
Cook, British Car Magazine, December 1992.  ( Mike is the current VTR TVT Editor)

Bill has a bunch of really good stuff here.  I will report as I can.
Cheers,
Darrell

48)