[TR] TR6 gauge cleaning - any advice?

Michael Lang mlang99 at comcast.net
Thu Jan 24 17:29:49 MST 2008

I am currently refurbishing the 50 year old gauges from my TR3. The
chrome bezels were indeed stuck to the internal gaskets that trap the
glass. I found that using some small tipped needle nose pliers allowed
me to work the bezels loose without damaging the gaskets. I had to
gently squeeze with the pliers between the slot in the gauge body and
the adjacent bezel tab, progressively working my way around each of the
tabs  until the bezel finally broke free from the gasket. It took
several times around before the bezels would begin to move. The gaskets
were still soft a flexible so I have been re-using them as I put the
gauges back together.

Mike