[TR] Chroming and Other Resto-Disasters

Joe Curry spitlist at cox.net
Thu Jan 24 07:10:36 MST 2008

Jerry,
The same thing happened to me back in the mid 90's when I was restoring my
first Mk1 Spit.  I ordered all the upholstery and top parts from TRF during
their Christmas sale to save shipping, even though I knew that I would not
need them until Spring.  Come spring and they were still backordered.  I
finally gave up and ordered the same parts from British Parts Northwest and
had them the next day.  The funny thing is that I saved money even though I
had to pay shipping.

Joe C.