[TR] TR4 distributor rotor size?

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Jan 20 09:38:26 MST 2008

> I have a pair of 40795 distributors for my TR4, each with
> different rotors.  One measures 1/2" across the cord of the
> arm which carries the spark (the swipe arc) and the side
> opposite the arm is straight (parallel to the distributor
> shaft).  The other measures 7/8" across the arm and has an
> overhang (analogous to a counterweight) on the opposite side.
>  Which one is right for that distributor?

Jim, the "counterweight" doesn't matter.  Some rotors have them, some don't,
doesn't seem to make much difference unless you've installed an electronic
conversion that it hits (as I did).

However, if I understand you correctly, you're saying that the tip of one
rotor only describes a 1" circle as it turns, while the other goes 1-3/4",
right ?  1" sounds way too small to me, 1-3/4" might be about right.  Try
measuring inside the cap.

Randall