[TR] U-Joint Removal

ZoboHerald at aol.com ZoboHerald at aol.com
Sat Jan 19 20:28:21 MST 2008

In a message dated 1/19/2008 8:23:04 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
tr3driver at ca.rr.com writes:

It does  work for me after seeing John Kipping demonstrate it at VTR/SP, but
I  wouldn't call it "tapping" nor use a "regular" hammer.  It's more  like
some pretty stout blows with a BFH (I used a 2.5 lb  mini-sledge).  All
things considered, I find it easier to use the  hydraulic press (now that I
have one).  Before I got the press, I used  the vice jaws.

Or this technique should work too  :
http://tinyurl.com/3ataeh

Or this:
<http://www.rarebits4classics.co.uk/Hints%20and%20Tips/UJ%20Replacement.htm>

--Andy   Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not  so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with   wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6)  and
Triumph Herald Database at its new URL: _http://triumph-herald.us_
(http://triumph-herald.us/)