[TR] 3rd brake light

Brian Jones banc8004 at comcast.net
Fri Jan 18 04:11:13 MST 2008

I have been thinking about rescuing from a U-Pull-It a strip of third-
light LEDs like those on a Sebring Convertible.
My plan is to mount the light on my luggage rack, either by attaching
it to the rear bar on the luggage rack, or in
a bar (my rack is aluminium tube) with the LED tips exposed - the
latter would be more work, but tidier.

Its not as high as Randall's suggestion, but top up/down won't matter.

For such a light, cars with a roll bar have a terrific mounting point.

Here's the light I will try to use:

http://www.sebringclub.net/gallery/chmslrepair/CHMSL31

Brian
TR4

From: "Randall" <tr3driver at ca.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3A low mounted 3rd brake light??

> But in  our LBCs there is really no place high enough to be near t eye
level

Something I've thought about but never got around to trying ... build
a line
of high intensity red LEDs (with clear housings) into a quarter-round
bar of
Lucite that would fit just under the lip of the windshield on a TR3/A.

It would have to be directional enough to stay out of the driver's eyes
(which might be impossible), but would be high enough I think and
reasonably
unobtrusive when it wasn't lit.  Likely you could also find a way to
make it
removable for shows (tho I never worried about showing the car).

Obviously it also wouldn't be effective with the top up, but that's a
separate problem <g>