[TR] TR6 tranny alignment - use of dowels

tom white tswhitez123 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 16 08:22:45 MST 2008

When I was racing we had a pair of elliptical spacers for centering the input
shaft of the transmission to the center line of the crank.  We would hang the
bell housing on the engine dowels and insert the beveled edge of these spacers
into the clearance between them.  Then we mounted a dial indicator to the
crank and indexed the tip to the opening for the transmission.  Then we would
rotate the crank and read the dial indicator adjusting the elliptical spacers
until we got zero run out on the dial.  Then we welded the spacers in place.
Zeroing the centerline of you drive line is in fact very important.

Best regards,
Tom