[TR] best quality pistons

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Jan 15 11:45:33 MST 2008

> old question but, may I ask where the best quality pistons
> and liner sets
> come from for the TR3 motor?
> Quality first, price second.

Not sure where he gets them, but I buy mine from Ken at BFE.

> And where are you guys buying your speedie sleeves from?

NAPA store in Gardena, CA orders them for me, takes about 3 days.  Not all
NAPA stores are created equal though, as the one in Torrance apparently buys
them only from Fel-Pro instead of Chicago Rawhide, and Fel-Pro doesn't make
all the sizes that CR does.  Had the same problem at my usual FLAPS, Clark's
Discount in Bellflower.

I went in with measurements, but after finding the right sleeve by
dimensions, I noticed that the CR book actually lists the TR3/4 by
application.   ISTR it recommended a shorter sleeve than I had picked out,
so I went with the longer one.
For the Stag, there wasn't a sleeve that was a perfect fit, but the next
largest one was only a few thousandths too big, so I used it along with some
Loctite 'circular parts mount' to fill the gap.  Seemed to work just fine.

Randall