[TR] TR3 Overdrive Switch

Jerry Van Vlack jerryvv at roadrunner.com
Sat Jan 12 14:45:28 MST 2008

List,

Do any of you folks who own TR3's know how to determine if a TR 3 OD switch is
a reproduction vs an original? Do the reproduction switches have Lucas England
on the back side? I have 2, one of which I am 99% certain is an original due
to it's condition and the length of time I've owned it (in excess of 25 years)
and the other which is identical but in almost new condition. I've owned it
the same amount of time. The original switch has a lot of it's black paint
scuffed off and looks weathered as though it sat around a while in a box of
spares or on a car that was off the road. It works but does not look very
good. It is very restorable. The newer one lacks the mounting sleeve and trim
piece.

JVV