[TR] reCarefully Cleaning a TR3 Engine Block

CarlSereda at aol.com CarlSereda at aol.com
Sat Jan 12 01:49:59 MST 2008

There is 'TR4' hand written in orange paint on the original block of my '63
TR4. I had it 'hot-tanked' back in 1974 when engine bath solutions were still
strong and yet the handwriting is still 60% intact.
So far I've only used keroscene this time around.. and a narrow wood chisel
inside the crusty water jacket. I will thoroughly clean all oilways and repaint
the block around the original ID marks in there is no iron showing.
I will only need to bring the block to a machine shop for installing cam
bearings if I can't locate a proper bearing tool for the new Vandervells.
Regards,
Carl