[TR] TR3 steering gear bolt stubbornness

Paul Dorsey dorpaul at negia.net
Fri Jan 11 16:47:21 MST 2008

Even though I have never driven my TR3, I need to again remove a vertical link
(because I had forgotten to install the backing plate/dust plate for one front
wheel.)   One of the four caliper bracket/vertical link bolts, the one that
holds on the dust plate, had been too short,    and that's my excuse for
forgetting the dust plate.
    However, on attempting to reinstall a longer bolt, I met with considerable
tightening resistance.  Greater even than it's 25 ft.lb. torque specification.
I think this bolt was a 3/8" fine thread.  Should I just continue tightening
it?  On the other front wheel, this bolt goes clear through this caliper
bracket/vertical link.

Thanks,
Paul Dorsey
60 TR3