[TR] TR3A Alternator conversion bracket pipe

ZoboHerald at aol.com ZoboHerald at aol.com
Thu Jan 10 20:34:21 MST 2008

In a message dated 1/10/2008 7:40:37 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
terryrs at comcast.net writes:

When the  snow clears a bit this spring, I'd like to beef up the alternator
conversion  by welding in the pipe between the ears of the bracket.  This
measures to  be 3/8ths ID, 1/2 OD and about 4 inches long.
How does one source  that?  Haven't found it at Lowes or HD, and I'd hate to
buy a 24 inch  section, but will if I have to.

==AM==
Terry, does it have to be welded in, or can it be just a spacer that is the
correct length (thickness)? I'm thinking you might go through the boxes at a
really good hardware store and see if there might be a bushing of some sort
that  would "measure up"?

--Andy   Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not  so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with   wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6)  and
Triumph Herald Database at its new URL: _http://triumph-herald.us_
(http://triumph-herald.us/)