[TR] Trying to figure out if a luggage rack is stainless or chrome

jim hearn jimhearn1 at comcast.net
Mon Jan 7 21:23:07 MST 2008

Thanks Ned.  You know I would think the same thing except that I do
believe that low grade stainless is somewhat magnetic and I also believe
that chrome plating lessens the magnetism of steel.  The net results on
my rack are that I used a strong magnet (150 lb pull) and the magnet
attaches to it pretty readily.  I was hoping that some people from the
board would tell me if there luggage rack is stainless or not and if
theirs is then now the question would be whether it is magnetic or not.
Jim