[TR] Oberg Follow Up

Bob Danielson 75TR6 at tr6.danielsonfamily.org
Fri Jan 4 21:02:30 MST 2008

Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions on using the Oberg Tilt Sling. It
was 8 degrees yesterday morning at 8:30 AM and my friend Al was due at 10 AM
to help me pull the engine and tranny. My 55K BTU kerosene heater got the
garage real comfy (45 - 50 degrees) by the time he arrived, so temperature
wasn't a problem. The Oberg made the job so easy. Al has pulled quite a few
engines going back to his drag racing days and he said he'll never pull
another engine without the Oberg. That's how easy it was. The two best tips
I got from the List was: Use a breaker bar for making the Oberg adjustments
and use wood blocks to protect the valve cover and/or valve train. The
breaker bar gives you the extra leverage you need to counteract the weight
of the engine.........not a big deal. The wood blocks at the lifting eyes
eliminated any damage to the valve cover by the cables. And yes........the
front lifting eye did bend in slightly. I'll straighten it out after
re-installing everything. No web site update yet.......maybe over the
weekend I'll find time.

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 CF38503U
Running w/ Throttle Body Injection