[TR] Tranny Tunnel

Pete Fullam pfullam at nycap.rr.com
Thu Jan 3 22:30:41 MST 2008

I have the space age plastic tunnel in my TR4. When I put in the OD
gearbox a couple of years ago, I cut the tunnel right behind the cowl
brace, for precisely the reasons John mentioned in his post. I made a
couple of sheet metal strips to cover the gap between the sections. I
also cut a hole about 3 x 4" in the front section opposite the OD
solenoid. I made a form-fitting sheet metal cover for the hole. I can
adjust the solenoid without removing either section of the tunnel. With
the carpeting installed, everything looks perfectly normal.

Pete Fullam
CT19207L(O)