[TR] what car?

Jim Muller jimmuller at rcn.com
Thu Jan 3 18:04:13 MST 2008

On 3 Jan 2008 at 20:37, Bob Labuz wrote:

> Just looking at ebay Triumph parts and located this carb/manifold
> setup.
> seller says it is a 3/4 but it is not. Maybe a Spitfire, Herald?
>
> What is that tank, an expansion tank for the radiator?

I don't see anything I'd call an expansion tank.  The left side of
the picture shows an SU float bowl.  It's angled, so unless the mount
is broken it is for a car whose carbs are slanted, not horizontal.
(They made some that way with the appropriate mounting hardware to
bring the float bowl vertical.)  The cover on the top would seem to
be the valve cover, with a crank ventilation tube on the back.  From
the relative sizes of everything compared to the dashpots and the
float bowl which would be more or less the same size for any car,
this looks like a very small engine.  The AUD2140 is an SU number,
but I couldn't tell you what.

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller at rcn.com